During Variety‘s Actors on Actors interview with Amy Adams and Nicole Kidman, some controversy was sparked last week which created an avalanche of speculative and click-bait articles on various sites, which has become the norm. However, the interview didn’t really have much information on it.
At the beginning of the interview, the Adams greeted Nicole Kidman with a warm and friendly “Welcome to the DC Universe”, and at the same time, made a causal statement about her status on the DCEU:
“I think I’m out of the DC Universe now. I think they’re revamping that. I don’t know the details.”
The statement caught many by surprise, as we’ve also heard rumors of Henry Cavill’s Superman potentially being replaced as well. Be that as it may, her statement didn’t give specificity to her current involvement within the DCEU neither.
Well, this weekend, during a press junket for her upcoming film VICE Den Of The Geek! took the opportunity to inquire about her previous statement. When asked about it once more, she commented:
“You know what’s funny? I actually don’t know. I haven’t had any official conversation with anybody. I was just talking with Nicole Kidman about it, and I was like, ‘Oh, I guess I’ve got to be careful what I say!’ But yeah, I haven’t had any word officially.”
With Jason Momoa seemingly the unofficial spokesperson for Warner Bros. PR, things are starting to calm down. Last week, Jason made it clear that Henry Cavill is still part of the DCEU as Superman. And now, with the huge success of Aquaman, fans can be very optimistic about our favorite Superheroes.
SOURCE: Den Of The Geek!
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Steppenwolf Actor Ciarán Hinds Not Happy With ‘Justice League’ Theatrical Cut
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- ‘Birds of Prey’: 5 Actresses I Think Could Play ‘Black Canary’ & 5 Who Could Play ‘Huntress’