It’s a record breaking December for Warner Bros & DC’s Aquaman. The film has currently grossed an estimated $24.6M in China today, and is poised to make a splash by earning a combined $80M+ on its debut weekend.
If that estimation is correct, that would make Aquaman the highest earning DCEU entry in the coveted market , when compared to previous DCEU films.
Batman V Superman: DOJ $57.2M
Wonder Woman $51.8M
Justice League $38.2M
Aquaman is directed by James Wan and stars Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry/Aquaman, who’s joined by a stellar cast that includes: Amber Heard, Patrick Wilson, Niocole Kidman, Willem Dafoe, Dolph Lundgren, Djimon Hounsou and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, to name a few.
The film, which is scheduled for release in North America on December 21st, will open with 40 more overseas markets, including Russia, Brazil, Mexico and the UK. After that, another 28 markets will be added the following weekend, which include Korea and France.Please make sure to check back as we work diligently to bring you the latest on all things Aquaman, as well as all other DC related films and television.
Please make sure to check back as we work diligently to bring you the latest on all things Aquaman, as well as all other DC related films and television.
- ‘The Flash’: Godspeed To Appear; First Look Leaked
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer
- Ezra Miller Is Penning ‘The Flash’ Script In Bid To Keep Role
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer