Aquaman is making a splash at the Chinese box office, with the film making $117.80 million in four days of the films release.
The film is yet to hit screens in the US and other markets, but with its impressive performance overseas Warner Bros. executives are beginning discussions on a sequel.
In a profile on actress Amber Heard who plays Mera in Aquaman, THR revealed that “according to strong early tracking, the film is expected to earn an impressive $65 million in its domestic debut and top Mary Poppins Returns and Transformers spinoff Bumblebee. That number gave Warner Bros. Pictures Group chairman Toby Emmerich enough confidence to begin talks on a sequel.”
So far there is no screenwriter attached to sequel, the report does state Heard would also see a bigger payday for reprising her role.
Let us know in the comments below your thoughts on an Aquaman sequel and where you’d like to see Jason Momoa and Herd go on their next adventure.
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- Exclusive: ‘From Dusk Till Dawn’ Star D.J Cotrona Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*