James Wan will be making some changes to the relationship between Mera and King Nereus in the upcoming Aquaman film.
In the New 52 Comics, Mera and Nereus are would-be lovers after Mera’s father promised Nereus hand in marriage upon his death.
Dolph Lundgren (Expendables) who plays King Nereus in Aquaman revealed the change in the duo’s relationship a recent interview with the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
“It is good to be king. Basically, I try to keep the peace down there along with Amber Heard, who plays my daughter. She’s trying to convince me to join the right side. Then you have Nicole Kidman as Aquaman’s mother. We’re trying to avoid war between the surface dwells and the people of Atlantis.”
What do you think about the change in their relationship?
Starring Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry/Aquaman, Amber Heard as Mera, Willem Dafoe as Vulko, Temuera Morrison as Tom Curry, Dolph Lundgren as Nereus, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as Black Manta, Patrick Wilson as Orm/Ocean Master; and Nicole Kidman as Atlanna.
Aquaman will hit screens December 21, 2018.
Source: Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- ‘Justice League Mortal’ First Look At Batman, The Flash, Aquaman and More
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- ‘The OC’ Star Adam Brody Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’