We’ve came to terms with Ben Affleck wanting to leave the role of Batman in the near future, whilst it’s not officially been confirmed by the Affleck himself or Warner Bros. it seems like a sure thing.
Director Matt Reeves (War of the Planet of the Apes) will helm the new standalone Batman film for the studio and Affleck had previously said it’s “something he’s contemplating” but also mentioned about moving on from the role by “finding a graceful and cool way to segue out of it”.
Rumours have circulated that Reeves met with Jake Gyllenhaal (Nightcrawler) to take over the mantle of The Dark Knight, but nothing has come to fruition in those regards.
In the events of Affleck leaving and Gyllenhaal not taking the role, we’ve looked at 5 potential actors who could do a decent job as Batman. However unlike most other lists you won’t be seeing the names of Jon Hamm, Idris Elba or Armie Hammer pop up as we’ve decided to look at some other potential names.
Most Notable Roles: 21, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, Cloud Atlas and Geostorm.
Sturgess is a name most people won’t think of when it comes to Batman. But he has some decent acting chops and looks the part. The Englishman has previously worked with Zack Snyder on Legends of the Guardians too.
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- Zack Snyder Creates ‘Justice League’ T-Shirt For AFSP
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- Zack Snyder Reveals The Conclusion To His 5-Part ‘Justice League’ Saga