Batwoman will be making herself at home on The CW as it is now being developed as a series. It was previously announced that Batwoman would be introduced in December’s Arrowverse crossover.
Caroline Dries (The Vampire Diaries) will pen the script for the pilot and executive-produce the series alongside Greg Berlanti (who else), Sarah Schechter and Geoff Johns.
The new series is being eyed for a 2019 premiere. It will follow the story of fan favourite Kate Kane, the second incarnation of the Batwoman character.
Batwoman is Kate Kane, a vigilante who operates in Gotham City. She as an army brat, a lesbian expelled from West Point due to her sexuality. She is Bruce Wayne’s cousin – her father Jacob Kane being the brother of Martha Kane Wayne, Bruce’s mother. Kate Kane has been involved with the Batman Family, Batman Incorporated, and the Female Furies.
Batwoman‘s official logline:
Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, Kate Kane soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city’s criminal resurgence. But don’t call her a hero yet. In a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham’s symbol of hope.
Let us know in the comments below your thoughts on the announcement.
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- ‘The Flash’: Godspeed To Appear; First Look Leaked
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer