Well, this makes me happy: Ben Affleck is still interested in directing a DC movie—if the right opportunity presented itself.
Affleck, who retired as Batman recently, was on the promotional tour for his new Netflix film Triple Frontier and was asked in an interview with LAD BIBLE if he would ever return to the DC fold as a director and the Oscar-winning actor didn’t seem opposed to the idea.
“I imagine it would be weird to step in and do another character. I can certainly imagine directing a movie, you know – if they [DC] would have me – if it was something I was passionate about. It’s not about like kind of closing doors on stuff, I just couldn’t figure out how I wanted to do that one [next Batman film], so it became time to let someone else take a crack at it.”
Look, we know he is talking hypotheticals here, but it would be interesting to see what he could do with a comic book property. As a filmmaker, he has a great pedigree with the likes of Argo, The Town and Gone Baby Gone, imagine what he could bring to the comic book genre.
SOURCE: LAD BIBLE
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- ‘Justice League Mortal’ First Look At Batman, The Flash, Aquaman and More
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- ‘The OC’ Star Adam Brody Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’