With the core cast now in place and the (huge) title revealed for the upcoming Birds of Prey film, the attention now turns to the supporting cast members.
Deadline reports Chris Messina (The Newsroom, Live By Night) has joined the cast as the villainous Victor Zsasz.
In the comics Zsasz is a serial killer and a nemesis of Batman. He usually kills with a knife and carves a tally mark somewhere on himself for every victim. In Birds of Prey, he will be working alongside Ewan McGregor’s Black Mask.
Cathy Yan is directing from a screenplay by Christina Hodson.
Messina joins Margot Robbie who reprises her Suicide Squad role of Harley Quinn, Jurnee Smollett-Bell as Black Canary, Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Huntress and Rosie Perez as Renee Montoya.
In addition to Messina’s casting, five other actors have joined the film, with Steven Williams (The Chi), Derek Wilson (Preacher), Dana Lee (Dr. Ken), Francois Chau (The Expanse) and Matthew Willig (The Ballad of Buster Scruggs). Wilson will reportedly play a police associate of Renee Montoya’s, the rest of the additions roles are being kept under wraps.
Let us know in the comments below your thoughts on the recent casting additions.
Birds of Prey is set to hit screens February 7, 2020.
- ‘The Flash’: Godspeed To Appear; First Look Leaked
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Ezra Miller Is Penning ‘The Flash’ Script In Bid To Keep Role
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer
- Ben Affleck Is Still Open To The Idea Of Directing A DC Film