Warner Bros. and DC Comics Birds of Prey film has found their Black Canary and Huntress in Jurnee Smollett-Bell (Friday Night Lights, Underground) and Mary Elizabeth Winstead (10 Cloverfield Lane, Fargo).
Per Variety, the two actresses will join Margot Robbie who is reprising her Suicide Squad role as Harley Quinn.
Black Canary is a superhero vigilante who fights crime using martial arts and a sonic scream attack. She is one of the greatest fighters in the DC Universe, and also a strong tactical mind. Huntress is a devout Catholic Italian-American known as Helena Bertinelli, the orphaned daughter of a murdered mafia family who grew up swearing deadly vengeance on the criminal underworld.
The Birds will be teaming up to take on Batman villain Black Mask.
Former Wall St. Journal reporter Cathy Yan, who made her directoral debut with Dead Pigs will helm the film from a script by Christina Hodson, who blew away Warner Bros. executives with her Batgirl script earlier this year.
Let us know in the comments below your thoughts on Jurnee Smollett-Bell and Mary Elizabeth Winstead joining the DC Extended Universe.
Birds of Prey is set to hit screens February 7, 2020.
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer