Back in April it was announced that director Cathy Yan would helm Birds of Prey for Warner Bros, a film based on the comic books of the same name.
Now Heroic Hollywood are reporting the studio are looking to get production underway by January 2019 and that they’re looking to hire an all-female crew.
Bumblebee writer Christina Hodson penned the script for the Birds of Prey, which is said to have blown away the executives at Warner Bros.
Margot Robbie recently teased an R-Rated girl gang adventure:
“I pitched the idea of an R-rated girl gang film including Harley, because I was like, ‘Harley needs friends.’ Harley loves interacting with people, so don’t ever make her do a standalone film. She’s got to be with other people, it should be a girl gang. I wasn’t seeing enough girl gangs on screen, especially in the action space. So that was always a big part of it.”
SOURCE: Heroic Hollywood
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- ‘Birds of Prey’: 5 Actresses I Think Could Play ‘Black Canary’ & 5 Who Could Play ‘Huntress’
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’