The cast of Warner Bros. and DC Comics Birds of Prey film continues to grow as it has been announced that Rosie Perez (Fearless, White Men Can’t Jump) the cast as Renee Montoya.
Perez joins Margot Robbie who reprises her Suicide Squad role of Harley Quinn, Jurnee Smollett-Bell as Black Canary and Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Huntress.
In the comics Rene Montoya is a detective working for the Gotham City Police Department who frequently allies herself with the vigilante Batman and his associates. Her most regular partner was Crispus Allen. She is openly lesbian and has had relationships with Kate Kane and Daria Hernandez. Following the death of her mentor Vic Sage during 52 she takes on a costumed identity, becoming the Question in efforts to eliminate the Religion of Crime.
The Birds will be teaming up to take on Batman villain Black Mask.
Former Wall St. Journal reporter Cathy Yan, who made her directorial debut at this year’s Sundance festival with Dead Pigs, will helm the film from a script by Christina Hodson, who blew away Warner Bros. executives with her Batgirl script earlier this year.
Let us know in the comments below your thoughts on Rosie Perez joining the DC Extended Universe.
Birds of Prey is set to hit screens February 7, 2020.
- Aisha Tyler Will Host Warner Bros. Comic Con 2018 Panel
- ‘Exclusive’ The True Hollywood Story Of Ben Afflecks ‘The Batman’ Film
- DC Films Hub Podcast Episode: 035
- Updated – ‘The Batman’: Armie Hammer Reportedly In Final Talks To Play The New Caped Crusader
- Zack Snyder Call’s Ben Affleck “The Best Batman Ever” As Actor Retires From Role