During an interview with GQ Australia actor Yahya Abdul-Mateen II (Baywatch) spoke a little about his upcoming role as Black Manta, in the upcoming Aquaman film.
Black Manta most is one of Aquaman’s most formidable foes, the two have been going head to head in comics since the 1960’s.
Yayha didn’t give anything away in regards to the film’s plot, but he did go on to say fans are going to be really happy with the film, as well as talking about his workout routine to stay in shape for the demanding role:
It’s going great. The scale is epic and this movie is going to be so good! I can’t say too much, but in the hands of [director] James Wan and with Jason Momoa at the helm, I think people are going to be really happy with it.
With Jason Momma already ripped coming off the back of Justice League, the interviewer asked what Yayha did to prepare himself for this role:
It’s been about five days a week in the gym and doing fight training, too. I have a love-hate relationship with working out. I do not enjoy the experience when I’m doing it, but I never regret it. I think I’m in the best shape of my life.
The actor seems to be in good spirits about the movie as much as his fellow co-stars and director, lets hope for another great addition to the DC Extended Universe next year. Source: GQ Australia
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- ‘Birds of Prey’: 5 Actresses I Think Could Play ‘Black Canary’ & 5 Who Could Play ‘Huntress’
- ‘Justice League Mortal’ First Look At Batman, The Flash, Aquaman and More
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’