It looks like Warner Bros. are stepping up their search to find an actress to play the villain in the Wonder Woman sequel.
According to Deadline Bridesmaids star Kristen Wiig is the top choice to play villain Cheetah in the sequel opposite Gal Gadot.
The news comes after Emma Stone was rumored to have passed up on the role.
Patty Jenkins is returning to direct after her massive success with the first film, additionally Jenkins will write and producing the much anticipated sequel.
Kristen Wiig has impeccable comedic timing and great acting chops which landed her in great comedies such as Bridesmaids, Extract and more recently more serious films such as The Martian & Downsizing.
BossLogic has put together some fan art of what Wiig could look like as Cheetah.
— BossLogic (@Bosslogic) March 1, 2018
Variety’s report added that Wiig was always on Jenkins list for the part and that the filmmaker had let Wiig know about her interest before she left to location scout for the project.
What do you think of the casting?
Wonder Woman 2 will hit screens November 1, 2019.
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- ‘The Flash’: Godspeed To Appear; First Look Leaked
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer