The Walking Dead’s Cooper Andrews has joined the cast of David F. Sandberg’s Shazam!
Deadline reports Andrews, who stars as Jerry in the hit AMC series will play the foster parent at the group home where Billy lives.
The film follows the story of Billy Batson, a young boy who can transform into an adult superhero by saying the magic word “Shazam!”.
With Andrews casting, he joins Asher Angel (Andi Mack) as Billy Batson, Zachary Levi (Chuck) Jack Dylan Grazer (IT) as Freddy Freeman, Ian Chen (Fresh of the Boat) as Eugene, Jovan Armand (Bella and the Bulldogs) as Pedro and Grace Fulton (Annabelle: Creation) as Mary Batson.
Mark Strong (Kingsman) is rumoured to be playing the film’s villain Doctor Sivana, but there’s no official confirmation.
Sandberg will direct the film from a script by Henry Gayden (Earth to Echo).
Filming will begin early 2018 in Toronto, Canada.
Shazam! is aiming for a 2019 release
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- Zack Snyder Creates ‘Justice League’ T-Shirt For AFSP
- Zack Snyder Reveals The Conclusion To His 5-Part ‘Justice League’ Saga