Aquaman made a splash at the box office, making over $1.12 billion globally. Now, The Hollywood Reporter has revealed Warner Bros. has brought back David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick, who co-wrote the first film to pen the next chapter.
James Wan who helmed the film, is making a deal to return as producer along with Peter Safran, but it’s still unclear whether or not Wan will return to direct.
Last month it was reported the sequel was officially in the works, with Warner Bros. beginning the process of bringing Wan back.
The Trench creatures featured in a standout sequence from the film, where they attack Arthur Curry (Jason Momoa) and Mera (Amber Heard).
Noah Gardner and Aidan Fitzgerald (former assistants at J.J Abrams Bad Robot) have been tasked with penning the script, with The Trench being described as an underwater horror feature. James Wan and Peter Safran will produce.
SOURCE: THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- Exclusive: ‘From Dusk Till Dawn’ Star D.J Cotrona Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- ‘The Flash’: Godspeed To Appear; First Look Leaked
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer