The shake up at Warner Bros. continues, with the recent announcement that Toby Emmerich was promoted to chairman and Blair Rich replacing Sue Kroll as marketing president.
Now The Wrap has released a break down giving more insight into whats going at the studio.
- There will be fewer cooks in the kitchen
- Toby Emmerich has the power to greenlight films himself, there will no longer be a greenlighting committee.
- Emmerich will only answer to Warner Bros. Entertainment CEO Kevin Tsujihara, who has the power to red light films.
- Tsujihara wants DC Films to find their own identity and not copy Marvel.
- Insider says Warner Bros. regrets not including Superman in marketing for the Justice League.
Tsujihara released a statement:
“Warner Bros needs to continue doing what it’s always done: producing the biggest, most diverse slate in the business. That’s what’s made us successful. We can’t do what Disney’s done. It’s worked really, really well for them, but it’s not who we are. We need to continue to create a balanced slate of all types of movies and all genres.”
Source: The Wrap
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Zack Snyder Creates ‘Justice League’ T-Shirt For AFSP
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- Zack Snyder Reveals The Conclusion To His 5-Part ‘Justice League’ Saga