The CW’s Arrowverse has been known to borrow from Batman mythology over the years, but the Dark Knight himself has never made an appearance.
With the introduction of Batwoman (Ruby Rose) and Gotham in this years Elseworlds crossover, it raised a few questions, the biggest one being where is Batman?
Caroline Dries, who consulted and will executive produce the potential Batwoman series spoke with Entertainment Weekly and revealed Batman has been missing for years which has allowed Gotham to become over run with criminal’s in the Caped Crusaders absence.
“Our approach is: What does Gotham look like after the Batman has been gone for three years? So if you have the law and order, protector, and hope gone, what happens as a result? Some people are thriving in his absence because now they can start to do their own thing without the oversight. A lot of other people are suffering and they’re losing hope, and the city itself and infrastructure is falling apart. So it’s not a happy place. Our guys walk into a grimy, scary Gotham.”
Consulting and former Arrowverse producer Marc Guggenheim added:
“The way I sort of described it to Stephen [Amell] is, it’s there but for the grace of God goes Star City,” he said. “It’s the worst case scenario. The reason no one talks about Gotham is the city might as well be dead. It’s practically a ghost town.”
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- Exclusive: ‘From Dusk Till Dawn’ Star D.J Cotrona Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*