Ever since Wonder Woman smashed its way into theatres, breaking box office records and receiving praise from both critics and fans, Warner Brothers and every other studio for that matter are looking for another female lead franchise to capitalize on that momentum.
Enter the Birds of Prey, which is appearing to be the next DC film to head into production following Todd Phillip’s Joker movie, so now is as good a time as any to take a look at what to expect from the superhero blockbuster. Here is everything we know about Birds of Prey.
This April, Variety reported that former Wall Street Journal reporter Cathy Yan was tapped by Warner Brothers to direct Birds of Prey. While Cathy Yan only has One feature film to her name called Dead Pigs it made a big splash at the Sundance film festival winning U.S. Dramatic Special Jury Award for Ensemble Acting. Margot Robbie pushed for the film to have a woman director so that the movie would have an authentic female voice and vision similar to what Patty Jenkins brought to Wonder Woman.
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- ‘Birds of Prey’: 5 Actresses I Think Could Play ‘Black Canary’ & 5 Who Could Play ‘Huntress’
- ‘Justice League Mortal’ First Look At Batman, The Flash, Aquaman and More
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer