Actor Joe Manganiello (True Blood) has shared the first official image of himself as Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke.
— Joe Manganiello (@JoeManganiello) November 25, 2017
It was recently announced that Manganiello would play the role of DC Comics villain Slade Wilson in a standalone film directed by The Raid’s Gareth Evans.
— Ben Affleck (@BenAffleck) August 29, 2016
Deathstroke was teased by Ben Affleck last year. The character originally planned to appear in The Batman, but Affleck stepped down from directorial duties and his vision for The Dark Knight was scrapped once War of the Planet of the Apes director Matt Reeves came on-board.
Warner Bros are still in the early stages of development with Evans on the film so don’t expect the film to be released until 2019/20.
Source: Joe Manganiello
- ‘The Flash’: Godspeed To Appear; First Look Leaked
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Ezra Miller Is Penning ‘The Flash’ Script In Bid To Keep Role
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer
- Ben Affleck Is Still Open To The Idea Of Directing A DC Film