Warner Bros. has released the first trailer for The Death of Superman, the first part of a two-parter, with the follow-up feature Reign of the Supermen debuting next year.
The Death of Superman will adapt the storyline from the iconic 1992 comic book. This is the second time DC has adapted the material, the first, was 2007’s Superman: Doomsday.
This upcoming adaptation will be more faithful to the source material. Warner Bros. have promised The Death of Superman will be less condensed and include many of the fan-favorite moments from the story that were left out of Superman: Doomsday.
Check the trailer our below:
When a hulking monster emerges from an underground resting place and begins a mindless rampage, the Justice League is quickly called in to stop the colossal force of nature. But it soon becomes apparent that only Superman can stand against the monstrosity that has been nicknamed Doomsday. Battling their way throughout America, the two fight to a standstill as they reach the heart of Metropolis. Going punch for punch, Superman finally ends the threat of Doomsday as he throws one last punch and collapses forever.
Jerry O’Connell will voice Superman/Clark Kent, with Rebecca Romijn as Lois Lane, Rainn Wilson as Lex Luthor, Rosario Dawson as Wonder Woman, and Jason O’Mara as Batman.
The Death of Superman will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on August 7.
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer
- ‘Birds of Prey’: 5 Actresses I Think Could Play ‘Black Canary’ & 5 Who Could Play ‘Huntress’
- ‘Justice League Mortal’ First Look At Batman, The Flash, Aquaman and More