Warner Bros. are in talks with Spider-Man: Homecoming screenwriters John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein to direct the standalone Flash film, “Flashpoint” starring Ezra Miller.
Daley and Goldstein have an eye for comedy, they penned the scripts for Horrible Bosses, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 and Vacation. They also directed Vacation and most recently Game Night for Warner Bros.
Flashpoint would see the duo dabble in the world of superheroes again, after writing the script last years Spider-Man: Homecoming.
The standalone Flash film has had its issues with directors in the past, with Rick Famuyiwa departing due to creative differences and Seth Grahame-Smith before him.
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword’s Joby Harold did a page one rewrite of the script adding more comedic elements along with incorporating the iconic Flashpoint storyline.
Warner Bros. had their eye on Ben Affleck prior to approaching Daley and Goldstein, as Variety reporter Justin Kroll revealed in a tweet, the studio reached out to Affleck, but he decided to pass on the film.
Fun fact, WB actually went to Affleck to helm but he would eventually pass on the job
— Justin Kroll (@krolljvar) January 16, 2018
It has been rumoured that Affleck will make his final appearance as Batman in Flashpoint.
What do you think of Warner Bros. choice to direct The Flash standalone?
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- ‘Birds of Prey’: 5 Actresses I Think Could Play ‘Black Canary’ & 5 Who Could Play ‘Huntress’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- ‘Justice League Mortal’ First Look At Batman, The Flash, Aquaman and More
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer