Fans of Gotham can finally breathe, because FOX has elected to renew the DC Comics television property.
The prequel series chronicles the origin of the Caped Crusader and several of his greatest allies and most fearsome enemies. It’s being reported that the fifth season has been given an order of 13 episodes speculated to premiere during the 2018-19 midseason. Fans and producers alike rallied for the show’s renewal, and it seems FOX has answered the call of the Bat signal.
Although falling ratings gave pause for concern on whether the show would be renewed, fans have noted that the storytelling has taken anything but a dip. Dubbed A Dark Knight by subtitle, this season has seen elements from classic arcs such as Batman: Year One, Batman: The Long Halloween, and The Killing Joke expertly adapted. This Thursday’s season finale marks the beginning of the shows adaption of Batman: No Man’s Land, which promises to shake things up leading into Season 5.
The final season will focus on Bruce Wayne completing his transformation into Batman, while also giving closure to the fates of other beloved characters. A joint statement from the producers revealed, “the fifth and final season will wrap up this unique origin story of the great DC Comics Super-villains and vigilantes, which revealed an entirely new chapter that has never been told.”
“A Dark Knight: No Man’s Land,” will air on Thursday, May 17 at 8pm ET on FOX.
Are you happy Fox renewed Gotham?
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- ‘Birds of Prey’: 5 Actresses I Think Could Play ‘Black Canary’ & 5 Who Could Play ‘Huntress’
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer
- ‘Justice League Mortal’ First Look At Batman, The Flash, Aquaman and More