News broke earlier this year that Avengers director Joss Whedon was in the early stages of developing a Batgirl film for Warner Bros.
The film itself could be a few years down the line for the studio, so casting announcements are not something we’re expecting for a while.
However, The Edge of Seventeen actress Hailee Steinfeld has shown interest in playing the titular character.
“Yes, absolutely. Definitely on my bucket list”
When asked what character she would like to play, the talented actress shyly danced around the question.
But when Bex says the she thinks Steinfeld would make a great Barbara Gordon, the actress admitted that’s who she was thinking of.
“Thank you! I’m not going to lie, that’s kind of what I was thinking. But I didn’t know what to say. I would love that.”
Batgirl is one of Batman’s many sidekicks who have fought alongside the Caped Crusader over the years. There has been several different Batgirl’s, the most well-recognised is Barbara Gordon, daughter of Commissioner Jim Gordon. She later became Oracle, after the Joker paralysed her during The Killing Joke.
Of course, Hailee Steinfeld will join long list of actresses who are interested in the iconic role.
Check out the interview below:
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Zack Snyder Creates ‘Justice League’ T-Shirt For AFSP
- Zack Snyder Reveals The Conclusion To His 5-Part ‘Justice League’ Saga
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’