With the recent announcement that Warner Bros. is developing a Supergirl movie with 22 Jump Street writer Oren Uziel, a new report indicates the studio has an eye on Reed Morano to direct the Girl of Steel film.
Morano is best known for her cinematography work on Kill Your Darlings and The Skeleton Twins. She made her directorial debut in 2015 with Meadowland and has directed three episodes of Hulu’s Handmaid’s Tale, in which she won an Emmy for.
This year will see her second feature film, I Think We Are Alone Now, starring Peter Dinklage and Elle Fanning releasing in September. Morano is currently working with Blake Lively on The Rhythm Section, an upcoming spy film from 007 producer Barbara Broccoli.
The Emmy winning director is highly sought after, earlier this year she had a meeting with Lucasfilm president Kathtleen Kennedy. However, Morano shot down rumours that she was directing a Star Wars film once the news of her meeting with Kennedy broke.
Supergirl is still in early stages of development, but it’s exciting to hear Warner Bros. is already looking at filmmakers.
Let us know in the comments below your thoughts on the possibility of Reed Morano directing Supergirl.
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Zack Snyder Creates ‘Justice League’ T-Shirt For AFSP
- Zack Snyder Reveals The Conclusion To His 5-Part ‘Justice League’ Saga
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’