When Aquaman cast Patrick Wilson as his half-brother Orm/Ocean Master, Abdul-Mateen as Black Manta and Dolph Lundgren as King Nereus, fans started to anticipate the solo film would see the King of the Seven Seas take on three potential villains.
According to director James Wan that won’t be the case. Speaking with Entertainment Weekly, the filmmaker said:
“This is what I’ll say: I don’t have three villains. I think that’s ridiculous! I would never go into an origin movie with three villains. We don’t even know the main character let alone the world and its antagonist. I believe in taking baby steps.”
Wan’s Aquaman will be an origins story of sorts for Jason Momoa’s, and the director has stated what he wants to do with the character in the standalone film.
“I want to introduce Arthur Curry in a much more emotional and powerful way, and introduce Mera played by Amber Heard, and of course there’s Nicole Kidman and Temuera Morrison playing his parents. We know Black Manta is in there, but I will say this: Patrick Wilson is the main antagonist in this film. I wouldn’t necessarily say ‘villain,’ but he’s the antagonist.”
What do you think of James Wan’s comments?
Source: Entertainment Weekly
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Zack Snyder Creates ‘Justice League’ T-Shirt For AFSP
- Zack Snyder Reveals The Conclusion To His 5-Part ‘Justice League’ Saga
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’