It’s been a couple of weeks since news broke that three time Oscar nominee Joaquin Phoenix was in talks to play the Clown Prince of Gotham in a standalone Joker solo film, set out with the confines of Warner Bros. DC Extended Universe.
Now a new interview has been published with AlloCine a French film site who caught up with Phoenix to talk about his new movie Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far on Foot, the interviewer asked about the Joker role that Phoenix has been linked with.
“What movie about The Joker?, wow, that sounds amazing. I have no idea what you’re talking about.”
You can watch the short video clip below:
It’s reported that Todd Phillips director of The Hangover, will write and direct the film under a new banner of DC Films, which has yet to be named.
What do you guys think of Phoenix playing coy?
Feature Image Source: Reddit
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- ‘Justice League Mortal’ First Look At Batman, The Flash, Aquaman and More
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- ‘The OC’ Star Adam Brody Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’