Last year it was revealed Warner Bros. were in talks with The Raid director Gareth Evans to helm a Deathstroke film starring Joe Manganiello.
Since then, things have went a quiet on the project as the studio were keen to focus their attention on Aquaman (which is in post-production), Shazam (currently filming in Toronto) and Wonder Woman 2 (in pre-production).
In an interview with Variety this week at the premiere of Rampage, Manganiello confirmed the film is still in the works:
— Variety (@Variety) April 5, 2018
Prior to Ben Affleck stepping down from directorial duties on The Batman standalone film, Manganiello was set to co-star alongside The Town star. Affleck even teased the appearance of the legendary DC assassin last year.
— Ben Affleck (@BenAffleck) August 29, 2016
Justice League helmer Zack Snyder recently revealed on Vero the video Affleck teased on Twitter last year was only test footage for the character.
With War of the Planet of the Apes director Matt Reeves now helming The Batman, it’s unknown if Manganiello will still show up as the filmmaker did a day one rewrite on the script.
For now, we’ll just need to enjoy the Justice League credit scene of Deathstroke with Lex Luthor
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer
- ‘Birds of Prey’: 5 Actresses I Think Could Play ‘Black Canary’ & 5 Who Could Play ‘Huntress’
- ‘Justice League Mortal’ First Look At Batman, The Flash, Aquaman and More