For those wondering (like us) whats happening with the Deathstroke standalone film after the character made a cameo in a post-credit scene in Justice League, actor Joe Manganiello has said the film is still in development.
Speaking with MTV’s Josh Horowitz the Rampage actor gave a little update:
“I just say ‘it’s in the works’ because it is. and I — really there’s nothing further. All I can say is, for the hardcore fans, it’s–it’s in the works. They want it they want the character to happen, it’s just ‘when’ he happens. Everyone’s committed to that.”
Watch the full interview below:
While there is no concrete schedule for Deathstroke’s future in the DC Extended Universe, at least we know Joe Manganiello and DC are still committed to bringing the character to the big screen.
The Raid’s Gareth Evans was in talks to direct, but there has been no official word since last year on his status.
Manganiello was originally set to co-star alongside Ben Affleck in The Batman, that prior to Affleck stepping down from directing the standalone film and Matt Reeves (“War of the Planet of the Apes“) coming on-board and doing a day one rewrite on the script.
- Aisha Tyler Will Host Warner Bros. Comic Con 2018 Panel
- ‘Exclusive’ The True Hollywood Story Of Ben Afflecks ‘The Batman’ Film
- DC Films Hub Podcast Episode: 035
- Updated – ‘The Batman’: Armie Hammer Reportedly In Final Talks To Play The New Caped Crusader
- Zack Snyder Call’s Ben Affleck “The Best Batman Ever” As Actor Retires From Role