Since Rick Famuyima departed The Flash over creative differences, Warner Bros. have taken their time in finding a replacement.
In January, it was reported talks began between the studio and Game Night directors John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein to helm The Flash standalone, titled Flashpoint starring Ezra Miller.
Since then, we’ve been waiting for official word that the two were on-board.
Now, half of the directing duo John Francis Daley took to Twitter and tweeted “It’s happening!” along with a .gif of The Scarlet Speedster confirming the duo were helming Flashpoint.
It’s happening! pic.twitter.com/Ga8vF6EnGG
— John Francis Daley (@JohnFDaley) March 3, 2018
The film has been in flux since losing Dope director Rick Famuyiwa. Actress Kiersey Clemons role as Iris West has also been questioned, but in a recent report from Variety, its been confirmed she is still attached to play West.
The directing team of John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein are enjoying much success right now, they penned the script for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Homecoming and directed the newly released comedy Game Night for Warner Bros. Let’s hope their success continues with Flashpoint.
Comeback for updates on this and other DCEU related movie news.
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- ‘Justice League Mortal’ First Look At Batman, The Flash, Aquaman and More
- ‘The Flash’: Godspeed To Appear; First Look Leaked
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*