Todd Phillips Joker film has found its Thomas Wayne in Brett Cullen, the Narcos actor has taken over the role after Alec Baldwin dropped out over scheduling issues.
Cullen has previously had a role in a DC film, playing a congressman in Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises.
Joaquin Phoenix will star as the Clown Prince of Crime.
The role of Thomas Wayne was described as a cheesy, tanned businessman a la 1980s Trump. It’s totally different from what we’re used to seeing from the character. But it remains to be seen if the film will go down that route.
Phillips co-wrote the screenplay with Scott Silver (The Fighter). The film will be produced by Emma Tillinger Koskoff and executive-produced by Richard Baratta.
Let us know in the comments below your thoughts on the new casting additions.
Joker is set to hit screens October 4, 2019.
SOURCE: COMIC BOOK
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- ‘Birds of Prey’: 5 Actresses I Think Could Play ‘Black Canary’ & 5 Who Could Play ‘Huntress’
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer
- Newly Discovered ‘Justice League’ Concept Art Shows Early Aquaman Suit