Joaquin Phoenix is stepping into one of the most iconic villain roles as the Joker, and the actor looks the part, even without the clown make-up.
Director Todd Phillips released the first image of Phoenix, with the caption “Arthur”, seemingly confirming the rumours the character’s real name is Arthur Fleck. The image shows Phoenix without any of the Joker’s distinctive features.
Check the image out below:
The Joker has been portrayed on screen by Cesar Romero, Jack Nicholson, Heath Ledger and Jared Leto. All of whom have brought something different to the role, and it looks like we’re in for a treat with Phoenix as he looks like a maniac.
You can see what I mean from the set images and video below:
The film has been described as the “exploration of a man disregarded by society [that] is not only a gritty character study, but also a broader cautionary tale”
Phillips co-wrote the screenplay with Scott Silver (The Fighter). Emma Tillinger Koskoff will produce the film alongside executive-produced by Richard Baratta.
Let us know in the comments below your thoughts on the first look at Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker.
Joker will hit screens October 4, 2019.
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- ‘Birds of Prey’: 5 Actresses I Think Could Play ‘Black Canary’ & 5 Who Could Play ‘Huntress’
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer
- Newly Discovered ‘Justice League’ Concept Art Shows Early Aquaman Suit