Todd Phillips Joker movie has set its eyes on bringing Frances Conroy in to play Joker’s mum.
The Wrap reports the former Six Feet Under actress is in talks to join the cast which stars Joaquin Phoenix as the Clown Prince of Crime. Deadpool 2 star Zazie Beetz has recently had discussions about joining the cast.
The budget for the films is around $55 million, the film is being described as an “exploration of a man disregarded by society [that] is not only a gritty character study but also a broader cautionary tale.”
The Hashtag Show who first reported Robert De Niro’s (“Taxi Driver“) potential involvement with the film had their scoop confirmed when THR reported the Oscar-winning actor was in negotiations to join the cast.
They report De Niro will play a talk show host who is somehow instrumental in the Joker’s origin.
Phillips co-wrote the screenplay with Scott Silver (“The Fighter“). The film will be produced by Emma Tillinger Koskoff and executive-produced by Richard Baratta.
Let us know in the comments below your thoughts on the Conroy and Di Niro joining the cast.
Filming will begin in September. Joker will be released October 4, 2019
SOURCE: The Wrap
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Zack Snyder Creates ‘Justice League’ T-Shirt For AFSP
- Zack Snyder Reveals The Conclusion To His 5-Part ‘Justice League’ Saga
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’