Todd Phillips’ Joker movie has added two new actors to its cast in Marc Maron (Glow) and Bryan Callen (The Hangover).
Variety reports Macron will play “an agent on Robert De Niro’s talk show who plays a part in booking Phoenix’s character, and eventually causing him to go mad and become the Clown Prince of Crime.”
Callen revealed his involvement on The Fighter & The Kid Podcast:
“I’m doing the Joker. I was offered a part. That’ll be fun, but i think it’s only a couple days. Play an aging dancer, stripper. I don’t want to go into the details. I can’t go into the details, but just know it’s gonna be good. And I hope my psoriasis is flaring cause that’ll be very funny. I’ll be in a Speed-O, I can’t wait. I have some ideas for it.”
The two join Joaquin Phoenix, Robert De Niro and Frances Conroy. The film has been described as an “exploration of a man disregarded by society [that] is not only a gritty character study, but also a broader cautionary tale.”
Phillips co-wrote the screenplay with Scott Silver (The Fighter). The film will be produced by Emma Tillinger Koskoff and executive-produced by Richard Baratta.
Let us know in the comments below your thoughts on the new casting additions.
Joker is set to hit screens October 4, 2019.
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Zack Snyder Creates ‘Justice League’ T-Shirt For AFSP
- Zack Snyder Reveals The Conclusion To His 5-Part ‘Justice League’ Saga
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’