A new report has indicated Matt Reeves‘ The Batman may finally begin shooting this November.
Since the announcement of a new Batman film set within the DC Extended Universe there has been multiple setbacks for the project. I don’t think I need to explain what has happened; our readers will know exactly what’s went on.
However, there may be some light at the end of the tunnel for the Dark Knight, according to Borys Kit from The Hollywood Reporter, “the script is basically in, although Reeves will continue tweaking it and working on it. And I’m hearing the studio wants to start shooting in November.”
The elephant in the room is whether or not Ben Affleck will return as the Caped Crusader, there is still no definitive answer to that question, but the role is expected to be recast at this point. Kit does cast the net wide with his answer on when we’ll find out who’ll don the cowl by saying “between now and [November 2019].”
If Affleck does stay, I’ll be over the moon, he embodies all the elements of the perfect Batman. If not? Well I say go for someone who’s perhaps not as well known and will have longevity in the role.
Let us know in the comments below your thoughts on the potential start date for Batman.
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Steppenwolf Actor Ciarán Hinds Not Happy With ‘Justice League’ Theatrical Cut
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer