With Aquaman and Shazam in the can and post underway on both, attention now turns to the next film in the DC Extended Universe, Wonder Woman 2, and according to director Patty Jenkins, cameras on the sequel to the 2017 box office smash will start rolling very soon.
Speaking with Variety at Cannes Jenkins told the trade site filming will begin “shockingly soon“.
— Variety (@Variety) May 13, 2018
If production is to begin very soon, we should start hearing more casting announcements in the near future. Gal Gadot is returning as the Diana Prince/Wonder Woman, with Kristin Wiig and Pedro Pascal the only new faces confirmed to appear in the sequel.
Jenkins confirmed last month at Cinemacon that the film would be set in the ’80s, with Diana having to deal with the “temptation of our world, and face extraordinary odds”
Our boys over at Omega Underground report filming will head to Tenerife in Spain to film, they’re unclear whether it will be used for scenes in Themyscira or the fictional African nation Bwunda which is linked to Cheetah.
Wonder Woman 2 will hit screens November 1, 2019.
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- Zack Snyder Reveals The Conclusion To His 5-Part ‘Justice League’ Saga
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’