We’ve all heard the old adage: “The set pieces Snyder shot are said to be usable, but Whedon has been working on “connective tissue” that was needed to link sequences.“
If you’re familiar with the definition of an idiom –a group of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words– (or as I like to call them ‘colloquial metaphors’), then being told that Justice League was worked on by Joss Whedon for connective tissue, was, in fact, Warner Bros. ‘lying through their teeth’. Now I understand that what was said before the release of Justice League was to prevent financial loss and to adhere with what was being sold to us; That this is still Zack’s movie. Maybe no one felt the need to hold Warner Bros. accountable for everything that was said, recorded, and filmed to build a case. Or maybe no one wanted to. But, as my video below proves: This was NOT Zack Snyder’s movie.
Having watched the video above, then you may begin to understand the ‘Why’ of the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement and how imperative it’s become to create awareness about this entire ordeal. We were told Zack brought in Whedon to help finish the film. We were told Zack was working on the extra scenes with Whedon before he stepped down. We were told Whedon would stick to the vision of Zack’s and would just be adding in small character moments to help flesh out the new scenes.
But then, we were told Danny Elfman was replacing Junkie XL for the score. And then we heard rumors of a mandated 2 hour run time. Putting on my detective hat, I began to wonder if there was any correlation between what transpired between the time Zack started making Man of Steel to when he began finishing Justice League. This isn’t to point any blame towards any one person (i’ll let you come up with who’s at fault even though I feel strongly about who those persons are) but this also isn’t something we should allow Warner Bros. to get away with. I won’t mention the reason Zack stepped away from Justice League, but I feel he’s an honorable man. Enough to allow the truth to come out, not by his own doing, but by his passionate fans not sitting idly by while treachery was being created by heretics.
If they thought we would acquiesce, because ‘other’ studios get away with it, they were highly mistaken. The following events are highlighted to help build insight on ‘How’ exactly we came to this point in time. The ‘Why’ of it all. The ‘When’ and ‘How’ start to become more obvious as we traverse deeper into the rabbit hole discovering just why a raven is like a writing desk. It’s all up to interpretation. But maybe, just maybe, we can show support to a director while at the same time bring light to the situation so it doesn’t happen to another. Some will be just timeline plot points, others will serve narrative purposes. The bullet points are from the linked articles.
May 17th, 2016: The Hollywood Reporter announces Geoff Johns promoted to oversee DC Films but, for obvious reasons, doesn’t have much clout with the current slate of films that were already announced before he gets that position.
- Jon Berg and Geoff Johns will co-run the newly created DC Films in an attempt to course-correct Warners’ comic book movies.
- With Berg and Johns, Warner Bros. is attempting to unify the disparate elements of the DC movies with a seasoned film exec and a comics veteran that together hopefully can emulate the way Marvel Studios has produced its films under the vision of president Kevin Feige. But sources also say Warners still wants to remain a filmmaker-driven studio. As part of their new jobs, Berg and Johns will become producers on the Justice League movies.
- The shuffle, as well as Berg and Johns’ new positions, come as other changes are being implemented on the DC movies. For example, Affleck was recently made executive producer on Justice League, upping his creative involvement when it comes to all things Batman and perhaps beyond.
- And the studio is working to smooth out the third act of Suicide Squad, its big August movie from director David Ayer that could change the perception of its DC line. The pic’s trailers have generated massive positive interest in the all-star actioner that features DC villains, and the studio wants to make sure audiences’ expectations are not only met but exceeded. Suicide Squad recently underwent major additional photography (multiple sources say it was not to add humor) to clear up the issues. Sources say it was Suicide Squad that escalated Johns’ involvement in DC movies (he was already co-writing the next Batman stand-alone with Affleck), and he is involved in the film’s post-production.
June 8th, 2016: Rick shows influences on The Flash Film possibilities.
June 15th, 2016: Rick “runs into” Justice League members.
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- ‘Justice League Mortal’ First Look At Batman, The Flash, Aquaman and More
- ‘The Flash’: Godspeed To Appear; First Look Leaked