The CW has found it’s Batwoman in Ruby Rose (Orange is the New Black).
It was announced today that the talented actress will join the ever-expanding Arrowverse as Batwoman in next seasons crossover event. Rose will also play the role in the Batwoman TV series that’s currently in development for next year.
If the series is picked up, Batwoman will become the first gay lead character — male or female — of a live-action superhero series.
Caroline Dries (The Vampire Diaries) will pen the script for the pilot and executive-produce the series alongside Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Geoff Johns.
The series will follow the story of fan favourite Kate Kane, the second incarnation of the Batwoman character.
Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, Kate Kane soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city’s criminal resurgence. But don’t call her a hero yet. In a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham’s symbol of hope.
Let us know in the comments below your thoughts on Ruby Rose’s casting
SOURCE: DC COMICS
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- ‘Birds of Prey’: 5 Actresses I Think Could Play ‘Black Canary’ & 5 Who Could Play ‘Huntress’
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer
- Newly Discovered ‘Justice League’ Concept Art Shows Early Aquaman Suit