The CW is moving forward with its Batwoman TV series.
On Thursday the network announced they had ordered a pilot, starring Orange is the New Black’s Ruby Rose.
Rose made her debut as Batwoman in this years Arrowverse “Elseworlds” crossover, with fans impressed with the actresses portrayal of Kate Kane it’s not a surprise the network picked up the pilot.
Longtime Arrowverse director David Nutter will helm the pilot, he is the networks go to man. Nutter directed the pilots of both Arrow and The Flash.
The Batwoman series has been in development since July last year, Caroline Dries (The Vampire Diaries) will pen the script for the pilot and executive-produce the series alongside Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Geoff Johns.
Batwoman‘s official logline:
Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, Kate Kane soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city’s criminal resurgence. But don’t call her a hero yet. In a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham’s symbol of hope.
Let us know in the comments below your thoughts on the announcement.
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- Exclusive: ‘From Dusk Till Dawn’ Star D.J Cotrona Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’