Filming on DC’s Birds of Prey is set to begin in January next year, which is only five months from now.
With Margot Robbie leading line for DC’s all female team-up movie, a new rumour has surfaced with names of actresses Warner Bros. have on their wishlist for roles in Birds of Prey.
According to our friends at Geeks Worldwide (formerly Omega Underground), Warner Bros. are looking at Vanessa Kirby (Mission: Impossible – Fallout) and Blake Lively (The Shallows) for the role of Dinah Laurel Lance/Black Canary; with Alexandra Daddario (San Andreas) being eyed for the role of Helena Bertinelli/Huntress.
All three actress have previously worked with some of DC’s heroes. With Kirby and Daddario with Henry Cavill (Superman) in Mission: Impossible – Fallout and Nomis respectively. Blake Lively has been in a DC Comic’s film before, starring alongside Ryan Reynolds in 2011’s Green Lantern. She also worked with Ben Affleck (Batman) in The Town.
All three are solid choices for the roles and I’m struggling who I’d prefer for the role of Black Canary as I really like Lively and Kirby.
Check out some fan art of both Kirby and Livly as Black Canary.
As of right now, these names are just on a wishlist and things could change especially when it comes down to contract negotiations.
All three are solid choices for the roles and im struggling who I’d prefer for the role of Black Canary as I really like Lively and Kirby. Let us know in the comments below your thoughts on who you would prefer for the roles.
SOURCE: GEEKS WORLDWIDE
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- ‘Birds of Prey’: 5 Actresses I Think Could Play ‘Black Canary’ & 5 Who Could Play ‘Huntress’
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer
- Newly Discovered ‘Justice League’ Concept Art Shows Early Aquaman Suit