With the news of Crystal Reed and Maria Sten joining the cast of Swamp Thing a new rumour has surfaced on who could be playing the titular character.
Our friends over Splash Report have heard from their sources that Derek Mears (Friday The 13th) is being eyed by Warner Bros. to play the titular character.
Mears is said to only be playing the creature and not Dr. Alec Holland, they’re unsure who will be playing that roll.
The new streaming series is based on the DC characters created by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson. The series will be produced by James Wan’s Atomic Monster.
The series is written by Mark Verheiden and Gary Dauberman, Swamp Thing follows Abby Arcane (Reed) as she investigates what seems to be a deadly swamp-born virus in a small town in Louisiana but soon discovers that the swamp holds mystical and terrifying secrets. When unexplainable and chilling horrors emerge from the murky marsh, no one is safe.
Swamp Thing is set to premiere in 2019 on the DC Universe digital subscription service.
Let us know in the comments below your thoughts on Mears potential involvement in the series.
SOURCE: SPLASH REPORT
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- Steppenwolf Actor Ciarán Hinds Not Happy With ‘Justice League’ Theatrical Cut
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer