Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation director Christopher McQuarrie is being courted by Warner Bros. to helm the Green Lantern Corps movie according to a new rumour.
That Hashtag Show reports Warner Bros. have their minds set on bringing the Green Lantern Corps to the big screen by 2020 and McQuarrie is who they want in the directors chair.
Green Lantern Corps has been described as Lethal Weapon in space and it was only in January this year that the film’s co-writer David S. Goyer confirmed the project was “still in the works“.
McQuarrie has a habit of writing every film he directs, so if he does board the project, don’t be surprised if he does a day one rewrite.
The film is said to focus on an older Hal Jordan and a younger John Stewart and That Hashtag Show has their character breakdowns:
Hal Jordan: Caucasian, 39 – 50. A former military test pilot, he is now a veteran of the Green Lantern Corps.
John Stewart: African- American male, 21 – 30. Prior to joining the Green Lantern Corp, he was a sniper in the military.
Their report adds that McQuarrie’s possible involvement with GLC could peak the interest of superstar Tom Cruise, who is a frequent collaborator with the filmmaker. Having worked together on Jack Reacher, Mission: Impossible: Rogue Nation and a few more films over the years.
Watch THS video below:
What do you think of the latest rumour? Would you like to see Tom Cruise as Hal Jordan?
Source: That Hashtag Show
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- ‘Justice League Mortal’ First Look At Batman, The Flash, Aquaman and More
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer