With camera’s set to begin rolling in January, casting for Cathy Yan’s Birds of Prey movie will soon commence.
There has been a few actresses linked in recent weeks, none however as big as the latest name. According to our friend Daniel RPK from SuperBroMovies, Warner Bros. are desperate to land singer/actress Lady Gaga.
It’s reported that Gaga was offered a role in Birds of Prey months ago but she turned it down. However, Warner Bros. aren’t giving up on Mother Monster just yet and have made another offer, bringing more money to the table to try to get Gaga onboard for the all female DC Team-up.
The studio is said to have offered her the choice of roles, between Black Canary or Huntress.
Gaga has been receiving mass praise for her new film, A Star is Born, which she stars alongside Bradley Cooper (The Hangover). Critics are saying she delivers a knockout performance.
Yan is set to direct by a script penned by Christina Hodson (Bumblebee). Margot Robbie will produce with Kroll & Co Entertainment’s Sue Kroll and Clubhouse Pictures’ and Bryan Unkeless.
Birds of Prey will center around a team of female DC heroes, Black Canary, Huntress Renee Montoya, Cassandra Cain and the return of Margot Robbie (Suicide Squad) as Harley Quinn, who will take on the villainous Black Mask.
Let us know in the comments below your thoughts on Gaga and which character you think she should play.
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- ‘The Flash’: Godspeed To Appear; First Look Leaked
- ‘Justice League Mortal’ First Look At Batman, The Flash, Aquaman and More