Green Lantern Corps has been in development since Warner Bros. first announced their DC Extended Universe slate in 2014.
The film which will feature both Hal Jordan and John Stewart will be a re-imagining according to former DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns. Speaking with IGN at San Diego Comic-Con Johns said:
“It’s a complete re-imagining, just like I did Green Lantern: Rebirth in the comics. I’m going to be hopefully delivering a script that Warner loves and DC likes and they want to make it. It’s going to celebrate the mythology and reinvent it in a different way. If you’ve read my Green Lantern run… it’s very much in line with some stuff we did in there.”
Johns has written some of Green Lantern most iconic stories such as Blackest Night and Sinestro Corps War and helped put Hal Jordan back on the map. If there was someone you want to help with the development of this character it would definitely be him.
Let us know in the comments below your thoughts on Johns comments.
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Zack Snyder Creates ‘Justice League’ T-Shirt For AFSP
- Zack Snyder Reveals The Conclusion To His 5-Part ‘Justice League’ Saga
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’