David F. Sandberg’s upcoming Shazam! movie has added IT actor Jack Dylan Grazer to the cast.
Grazer starred as young Eddie Kaspbrak in the Stephen King adaptation for Warner Bros. earlier this year.
According to Deadline Grazer will play Freddy Freeman, Billy Batson’s best friend and the only person that knows the truth about Shazam.
In the comics Freeman has limited mobility in his legs, but at Billy’s whim can share the power of Shazam and suit up as Captain Marvel Jr. The character used to be a brunette, but with the New 52 reboot he was turned to a blonde.
Grazer joins Asher Angel (Andi Mack) as Billy Batson, Zachary Levi (Chuck) as Shazam and Mark Strong (Kingsman) as Doctor Sivana.
Earth to Echo’s Henry Gayden is penning the script.
The film follows the story of Billy Batson, a young boy who can transform into an adult superhero by saying the magic word “Shazam!”.
Filming is rumoured to begin in Toronto this February through to May.
Shazam is aiming for a 2019 release
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer
- ‘Birds of Prey’: 5 Actresses I Think Could Play ‘Black Canary’ & 5 Who Could Play ‘Huntress’
- ‘Justice League Mortal’ First Look At Batman, The Flash, Aquaman and More