The cast of Shazam! continues to grow with the announcement that Ian Chen (Fresh of the Boat) and Jovan Armand (Bella and the Bulldogs) have joined the cast of New Line Cinema’s DC Comics superhero film.
According to Deadline, Chen will play Eugene, with Armand playing Pedro. Both of whom are friends with Billy Batson/Shazam in his group home.
The film had recently added IT star Jack Dylan Grazer as Freddy Freeman.
Shazam! is taking familiar shape, with the film bringing in Batson’s group of friends. It’s not known if the film will take inspiration from the Flashpoint timeline in which Billy’s friends, with the addition of Darla Dudley (who is yet to be cast) become superheroes known as the Marvel Family. Depending on the adaptation the kids could just stay as childhood friends.
Chen and Armand join Asher Angel (Andi Mack) as Billy Batson, Zachary Levi (Chuck) as Shazam and Jack Dylan Grazer (IT) as Freddy Freeman.
It’s rumoured that Mark Strong (Kingsman) will play the film’s villain Doctor Sivana.
David F. Sandberg (Light’s Out) will direct from a script by Henry Gayden (Earth to Echo).
The film follows the story of Billy Batson, a young boy who can transform into an adult superhero by saying the magic word “Shazam!”.
Filming is rumoured to begin in Toronto this February through to May.
Shazam is aiming for a 2019 release
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- ‘Justice League Mortal’ First Look At Batman, The Flash, Aquaman and More
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer