Warner Bros. and New Line Cinema’s Shazam has been announcing its core cast recently.
Most notably Asher Angel (Andi Mack) as Billy Batson, Zachary Levi (Chuck) will play Shazam and Mark Strong (Kingsman) as Doctor Sivana.
Annabelle: Creation’s David F. Sandberg will direct from a script by Henry Gayden (Earth to Echo).
The film follows the story of Billy Batson, a young boy who can transform into an adult superhero by saying the magic word “Shazam!”.
Whilst things are getting busy in the casting department, things are also hotting up off-screen.
According to Omega Underground, stunt coordinator Kyle Gardiner has been hired to work on the film’s action sequences. Gardiner recently worked on Aquaman and Thor: Ragnarok.
It’s being reported filming on will begin in Toronto this February through to May.
Check out George Evangelista’s fan art of Zachary Levi as Shazam.
— George Evangelista (@artofgeorge) November 14, 2017
Shazam is aiming for a 2019 release.
Source: Omega Underground
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- Steppenwolf Actor Ciarán Hinds Not Happy With ‘Justice League’ Theatrical Cut
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer