Warner Bros. have brought on-board Oscar-winning producer Michael De Luca to produce Suicide Squad 2.
Gavin O’Connor (The Accountant) will helm the sequel to the 2016 box-office hit, with stars Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Jared Leto returning.
According to Variety Warner Bros. are bringing in De Luca as a central figure to over see Suicide Squad 2. They’re changing up their formula, no longer will one individual oversee a number of films as the studio want the focus to be on a single project.
De Luca is a well-known producer, having worked on films such as The Social Network, Moneyball, and Captain Phillips.
Warner Bros. are in the midst of a reshuffle behind-the-scenes at the studio, along with their DC Films Universe.
The movie is to begin production this year, and it remains a high priority for the studio after the original grossed over $750 million, filming is said to begin this fall.
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Zack Snyder Creates ‘Justice League’ T-Shirt For AFSP
- Zack Snyder Reveals The Conclusion To His 5-Part ‘Justice League’ Saga
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’