It was reported recently that the sequel to 2016’s Suicide Squad was delayed in favour of the Harley Quinn focused Birds of Prey film.
Filming was set to commence this year, but that has been pushed back until 2019 as Warner Bros. look to prioritise Birds of Prey, with the likelihood of Suicide Squad 2 shooting straight after.
Once the cameras start rolling, it looks like the SKWAD will be in familiar territory as our good friends over at Omega Underground report that production is returning to Toronto, Canada where the first film was shot and where Shazam! is currently filming. Those film Tax incentives must be really good.
Gavin O’Connor, best known for directing The Accountant and Warrior is set to helm the sequel. The cast has yet to be announced, but it’s thought both Will Smith and Margot Robbie will return as Deadshot and Harley Quinn respectively.
Source: Omega Underground
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Steppenwolf Actor Ciarán Hinds Not Happy With ‘Justice League’ Theatrical Cut
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer