When you think of actors who have played the role of Lex Luthor you think Gene Hackman (Christopher Reeves Superman films), Michael Rosenbaum (Smallville) and Jesse Eisenberg (Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice), now we can add Jon Cryer to that list.
The former Two and a Half Men star has joined the cast of Supergirl as the iconic Luthor. He will make his debut on the 15th episode of season 4.
Cryer has already played a member of the Luthor family back in the day, he portrayed Lenny Luthor, the nephew of Hackman’s Lex in Superman IV: A Quest for Peace.
Supergirl executive producers Robert Rovner and Jessica Queller released a statement alongside Cryers casting:
“We are enormous fans of Jon Cryer, and he was instantly our dream actor to play the iconic role of Lex Luthor. Jon is a super-talent, and the fact that he played Lenny Luthor in Superman IV brings an added layer of legacy to his casting. We’re beyond thrilled to welcome Jon to the Supergirl family.”
This casting news came out of left field, Jon Cryer has typically been cast as the goofball/lovable loser type character. It will be good to see how he takes on the role of a villain.
Let us know in the comments below your thoughts on Cryer’s casting.
- ‘The Flash’: Godspeed To Appear; First Look Leaked
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer
- Ezra Miller Is Penning ‘The Flash’ Script In Bid To Keep Role
- Exclusive: ‘Justice League Mortal’ Concept Art of Aquaman, Wally West and Green Lantern John Stewart