Despite the shake-up behind-the-scenes at Warner Bros. after the disappointing box-office returns on Justice League, the studio today revealed its upcoming film slate at Comic Con Experience 2017 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Fans have questioned what was going to happen, but from the looks of it Warner Bros. are pressing ahead with previously announced plans for their superhero cinematic universe.
Here are the film’s they announced:
- Wonder Woman sequel, the title card showed the logo flanked by Roman columns. There was no “2” in the title, hinting Wonder Woman 2 may not be the film’s title.
- Aquaman title card, which is arriving next year.
- Flashpoint title card was shown, hinting things are picking up for The Flash solo.
- Justice League Dark title card, they are still going ahead despite loosing Doug Liman as the director.
- Suicide Squad 2, Batgirl movie, Shazam, Green Lantern Corps and The Batman title cards were also shown.
There are some noticeable absences from the list, like Cyborg, Justice League 2, Black Adam, Deathstroke, Nightwing, Gotham City Siren’s and the Harley and Joker team up film.
These films are currently in development and by the sounds of it they’re only focusing on the nine they announced at the Comic Con Experience.
The Joker origins film was also missing, what could explain its absence is the film not being part of the DC Extended Universe.
Only three of the announced films have release dates at the moment. Aquaman on December 21, 2018, Wonder Woman 2 on November 1, 2019 and Shazam on April 5, 2019.
The list could change, but we’ll keep you updated on the latest goings on.
Source: Comic Book
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer
- ‘Birds of Prey’: 5 Actresses I Think Could Play ‘Black Canary’ & 5 Who Could Play ‘Huntress’
- ‘Justice League Mortal’ First Look At Batman, The Flash, Aquaman and More